We understand roofs are not exactly bringing sexy back. Seriously, we’ve been in the industry for 30 years and still waiting for a comment such as “the new roof led to my wife.” We understand those comments are reserved for cars, bars, & churches. However, what do both bars & churches have? Roofs!
A roof is a necessity that protects your home and family from the weather. Also, it increases the overall curb appeal of your home, increases the value, and an opportunity to talk with your neighbor (Thank us later). Plus, if you live in the midwest you understand the importance of a quality roof.
So, why does everyone cut corners in the researching process? It’s common for homeowners to only look at price today. Prices are important, but do we believe that the price directly correlates with the quality and service our project demands? All items should be considered in the roof search: certifications, product, service process, and price. Each item deserves your time. However, today I want to highlight PRODUCT. There’s absolutely no reason to install a three tab shingle on your home. NO REASON AT ALL. The only time we’ll suggest it is if you’re working on your kids treehouse, but I’d question your dedication to the treehouse. The average difference in cost between architectural & three tab shingles is usually $800 to $1200. So here’s an example to put it in perspective.
Common conversation between car salesman & potential client. Interested in any upgrades? New stereo, heated & automatic seats, & backdoor camera. All these upgrades can be yours for an additional $17 dollars a month. Potential customer “what’s sixteen more dollars a month?” Customer later purchases upgraded vehicle and throughout the next 5 years of the loan pays $1,000 for the upgrades.
Fact’s to keep in mind:
- Car is a mode of transportation
- Average new car is owned for 10 years
- Average cost of used car (1-3 year old) $15,000
- Average cost of new car $32,000
Common conversation between roofing salesman & potential client
Interested in architectural shingles? Aesthetically sharp, 130 mph protected, better hail resistance, & weighs fifty percent more than the economical choice. You can have all these product attributes for an additional $17 dollars a month. Potential customer “umm, not sure about that” and I’ll have to discuss it with the spouse.
Fact’s to keep in mind
- Roof protects everything inside of your home.
- Average roof last’s between 20 to 40 years
- A home is the largest financial investment of most adults
- Average cost of a roof repair often no warranty & only on roof under ten years $1,500
- Average cost of a new roof $9,000
A lot of homeowners have installed architectural shingles and insurance companies suggest it. We understand architectural shingles have only been around for 40 years whereas three-tab a hundred years, but it’s time to change. The product is thicker, weighs more, and the sealant technology allows it to withstand twice the wind of three-tab. All major manufacturers GAF, Owens Corning, CertainTeed, & TAMKO stock architectural shingles.
The next time you need a new roof PLEASE demand architectural shingles and if you believe it’s not in the budget look at the car in the driveway. Do you have heated seats, advanced CD player, or back up cameras?
- Wind resistant up to 130 mph.
- Aesthetically pleasing! The architectural shingle was created to mirror the classic shake and slate style shingle. Creates value in the eyes of homeowner & neighbors.
- The average weight of a square ranges from 340-450 pounds (About 50 percent stronger).
- Longer manufacturer warranty (30 year to 50 year)
Three-tab shingle benefits:
- Classic appearance.
- Upfront cost is cheaper than architectural
- Most economical shingle in the market
- 25-year warranty