Your first roofing project bid: here’s the scope!
- A new roofing system on a 200 sq. foot heated garden shed.
- Products to be installed: GAF roofing products and a Timberline roofing system (GAF.com)
- Must purchase material from a local supply house (http://www.55buildingsupply.com/)
Your client’s contractor’s check-list:
- Must be installed within 1 day and not one drop of leftover debris
- You cannot drive up to the shed and hand carry all equipment/material
- Believes the companies employees should emit professionalism by being clean cut and company clothing.
- Employees should also have a 2019 Ford 150, lettered truck
- They should receive a 100 year workmanship warranty upon completion
- Will not pay the remaining balance until they see fit
- Must be a BBB company (bbb.org) and be preferred contractor from GAF.
Welcome to the roofing industry!
Time to start your bid!
A few OSHA rules to know before:
- Must have a safety-supervisor, in addition to a foreman (Or possible fine)
- All installer’s are to be roped off during construction (Or possible fine)
- There must not be slack for each roofer more than 6 feet (Or possible fine)
- Ladder must extend 3′ past the roof line and be tied up. (Or possible fine)
- Entire premise free of hazards or potential miscues on the ground (Or possible fine)
- On-site restroom facility must be available (Or possible fine)
Local laws/building codes:
- Registered and licensed within community/town (Or possible fine)
- Passed state roofing license exam (Or possible fine)
- Have workman’s comp, appropriate bond, and insurance in place. (Or possible fine)
- Filed for your roofing permit (Or possible fine)
Now turn in your competitive bid
(It must be below $100.00 or they’ll have their neighbor do it on Sunday).